Monday, October 10, 2011

My First Prints

I've been taking a printmaking class this semester and I absolutely love it. I've actually decided I'm going to major in it.

So here are the prints I've been working on.


Orchid Botanical Study, copper etching (this was my first ever print!)


Map Of Chicago, copper etching (I got a lot of requests on this one. I really love it.)


Yummy Food, embossing (I used glue which is why it isn't  very clear. It leaves a very light and smooth imprint in the paper when you run it through the press.)


 Beginning process for an embossing I'll be doing for my Conceptual Practices class. This is the only photo I have of me and my father, and it was taken one month after I was born.


My newest print, Yummy Food mini colograph. This was the tester, so before you start judging let me just say that I will be lightening it up around the food and giving it more highlights. But for the most part I'm pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment